Friday, September 17, 2010

Hair Health Weekend

So after yeaaaars of not taking care of my natural hair, I've decided I want to give it the royal treatment and tender lovin' care it deserves~ I've never had a relaxer in my life, my mom told me I could get one when I could take care of it myself (because she didn't want me blaming her if my hair fell out... which I would have XD) Now that I'm 'responsible' I don't want to get one! My hair though has always been pretty long but not so healthy. I never wrapped it or covered it before bed, and washed it only at the salon every two weeks (when I was at home) When I got to college, I didn't have the money to go every two weeks... I'd be lucky if i went once a month. And so my hair began to feel the effects of not being taken care of . Three years later I want a change.

I've been keeps my hair in protective styles *braids under wigs) for about 5-6 months, and only placed a flat ironed on it once since then (which you can see in the pics below in the front of my hair) Surprisingly my hair grew about 2 inches!   So this weekend, I'm doing a Deep Conditioning treatment with Dr Miracle's Tingling pack, and a Hot oil Treatment the day after. Hopefully My hair will be softer, and healthier. Never tried either of these before so it'll be interesting~ I've heard through the grape vines how grease is bad for the hair because of the mineral oils and petroleum but that's all I've ever used up until the last two years because that was one of the only ways to get my hair to have that 'relaxed look'. Now... time for a change, a good one I hope!

My hair out of braids with a partially flat ironed front
Photobucket

Photobucket



What I'll be using this weekend

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment